Sunday, June 1, 2014

My Son's Saining

Today we performed the ritual for my son's saining! My close friend who I have known since high school is also Pagan and has agreed to be my children's mentor. So if something happens to me, he will teach them my spirituality through Paganism. No one in my family shares my beliefs and I was worried that if I died they wouldn't learn what I believe in. I am so very fortunate to have such a wonderful friend who would do this for me. So he was part of the ritual, of course.
 
 
The ritual was small, we had a very basic altar:
 
 
 
 
 
Here is my very supportive husband holding our son during the rite of passage:

 
 
 
 
 
 
Kellen (my children's mentor) holding John Richard while I performed the actual "saining" part of the ritual:
 
 
 
 
 
My precious little man and I:
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment