Sunday, May 6, 2012

Guest post- Alahna Marie on "God"


I believe God is good, I believe he exists… but I am beginning to question religions, even the one that claims me. We are all products of our upbringing – each culture started as a tribe or by some chance migratory route, a slip in the foundation of the earth. The God I worship is above and beyond limitations – whether language barrier, culture, understanding. He is bigger, and better.
That gods – or false idols – have human attributes shows our egotism, our eagerness to subject our beliefs. An attempt to bed them into our believing, some kind of tangible grounding – their personification. But the God I believe in has no sex, no gender. Plays no favourites to people born in more forgiving countries or cultures. He (for the sake of a pronoun) is more.
We are all worshipping a central idea, or another deity. Maybe the false idols we should not worship are other men. The God I believe in would not be so cruel as to favour a continent – damning an entire nation because mere chance.
He is better.
Translations and generation – things are lost in history that your descendents cannot unravel or find. We are instead subjected to what is passed down to us… Are you to tell me that you believe so whole-heartedly that your way is right because of a culture inclination, when another man with a different way of living, will swear the same for the same reason?
He has been kind to give us so many differences, but even kinder to make us the same.
Human. How dare we paint him with features that are our own? 
-Alahna Marie

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures. They speak so much more than any words could give.

    ReplyDelete