Saturday, May 12, 2012

Three Handfastings?

In Paganism there are three types of handfastings. The first is some what like an engagemet: you bind yourself for a year and a day. The next: you bind yourself for life. And lastly: you bind your souls. My husband and I did not do the first since we were already legally married. We did the handfasting for life though. Here's a photo of the altar:

Now we are discussing if we want to bind our souls. I'm not sure if we should only because what if in the next life I come back as a cat and he as a human? He'd search his whole life to find a person that didn't exist. I don't know, we'll see.

Take care and blessed be!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe by then animal marriage will be legal? Haha just kidding.

    I can't say for sure as I don't know all that much about handfasting, but perhaps "binding souls" isn't meant to apply only to marriage? Even if one of you came back as a cat, perhaps you could still find your way into each others' lives somehow? Humans and animals can still love each other in a familial way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you take that pic from behind your alter? If not, why the inverted pentagram?

    ReplyDelete