Saturday, April 14, 2012

Getting Started!

I wanted to start a blog to talk about and discuss my faith and what it is like raising a family pagan (well, for the most part. My husband is catholic so we will also be practicing Catholicism with our children so they grow to understand both paths). To me paganism is this: an earth based religion centering on honoring both the Lord and Lady. I believe god has no gender, but that it is easier for us to think of god as we see ourselves- human. So we honor both male and female aspects of this being. The main focus is on the female counterpart since females are the bearer and giver of life. The Goddess has three stages: maiden, mother, and crone. I just started a new book of shadows (a journal of my journey through the pagan path that will be passed down to my children to read and understand as they grow older) because I just entered a new stage of life- motherhood. I gave birth to my daughter December 27, 2011 here in Houston. She weighed six pounds and two ounces and is the most amazing thing I have yet to do in my life. She challenges me to be a better person, to take care of my illness and become well, and shows me a type of love I never knew existed. She quite literally is my world and I love involving her in my spirituality. February 4, 2012 we celebrated my bumble bee's (a nick name I have given my daughter) saining. A saining (or paganing) is the ceremony of naming and presenting a child to the Lord and Lady. To promise to care for that child until he or she is able to do for themselves, and to ask them to protect the child from harm. The ritual itself was simple and beautiful. She looked absolutely precious in her dress and her Mentor (a pagan friend who has taken my bumble bee under his wing and will be her spiritual guide through this life) gave her a stuffed Teddy bear that was his for years. He had put his energy into it to protect her, a very sweet gesture. From us, her parents, we presented her with a pentacle necklace that had been purified with silvered water.  I think I'd like to start making kits for rites of passages and sabbats. I will eventually start selling them and can add in whatever the buyer would like to personalize them. They would include ritual tools and the rituals that my family (the mueller coven) uses in practice. If you would like to talk to me about them, you can contact us at TheMuellerCoven@ymail.com. I'd love to hear feedback here- questions, comments, concerns, etc! Feel free to let us know what you think and I will be updating here as frequently as I can. Take care and blessed be! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment