Sunday, April 15, 2012

Paganism and catholicism :)

My husband and I have decided to raise our daughter (and future children) to know and practice both paganism and Catholicism. I worry that it might be confusing for them but he has been so supportive of my spirituality and I of his faith as well. He embraces us performing circles for the Sabbats and I encourage him to start regularly going to church (something he is dragging his feet about, actually). We've decided that once he starts going to church regularly, the whole family will attend. And that once a week we will also do rituals at home so that both faiths are equally represented. We want our children to understand that there are many different ways to love god and that no way is wrong, as long as it's not hurting anyone (and if ye harm none, do what ye will). We both feel that if our children learn to love god, then we have done a good job. And I use the name god when I mean the Lord and Lady. It's just easier and more socially acceptable to say "god" so I have gotten in the habit of it. and as for daily practice, he will say nightly prayers with the bumble bee while I do daily blessings. It's all very equal and I love that he understands how important my faith/spirituality is to me :) If you have any questions on us raising our family in both faiths, please feel free to comment. I'd love opinions too!

No comments:

Post a Comment