Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Magickal Names

Many modern pagans choose a separate name to use during ritual. As sort of a name that only the Lord and Lady will know them as. WHen I was fourteen and did my dedication to the goddess, I chose the name Dierdre. It's Celtic for "young girl, one who rages, broken hearted". I was a very rage-full adolescent, which (I didn't know at the time) was attributed to my illness. I live with bipolar disorder type 1 with psychosis and borderline personality disorder. Since being diagnosed and treated my demeanor has changed, but I keep the name as a reminder. When my daughter was born I chose a name for her as well. I actually gave her two middle names, so that her pagan name could be a part of her legal name too. I chose for her, Lynnette. It's Welsh for "beautiful one". And that's what my daughter's life has been so far- beautiful. She brings out the best in those close to her, including myself. If you identify as pagan and have given yourself a name, please share it! I'd love to know :) Take care and blessed be!

No comments:

Post a Comment